Amir ul Islam, Chairman NEDIAN-NA
Amir ul Islam graduated from NED University in 1986. During his time at NED he was elected Publication Secretary of the NED Students Union and represented NED in various events including debates, declamations and inter-university sports events.
After graduating from NED, Amir obtained a Master’s degree in Structural engineering from Auburn University in Alabama, followed by a Master’s degree in Construction Management from New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Amir ul Islam is a licensed professional engineer. He currently serves as the President and CEO of Jersey Precast and affiliates, one of the leading pre-cast manufacturers in the tri-state area and as an executive director of Marmonyx (Pvt) Ltd.
Amir currently lives in Somerset County NJ, with his wife Asma, daughter Alina and son Zain.
Adnan A. Khan, Vice Chairman NEDIAN-NA
Adnan is a licensed professional engineer (P.Eng.) with over 15 years of experience in Project Management / Quality Management of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects. He has obtained many international certifications including Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) and BSI Lead Quality Auditor.
Adnan has worked on many high-profile Oil and Gas, Transportation, Infrastructure projects with Clients including TransCanada, Enbridge, Kinder Morgan, Spectra Energy, ExxonMobil/ Imperial Oil, City of Calgary, Quebec Government etc. He is currently working as project / quality management consultant with Stantec Consulting at Calgary office.
Adnan was elected as Vice Chairman for NED International Alumni Network of North America NEDIAN-NA for the tenure 2017-2018. Adnan has also been active in NED Alumni Association in Alberta (NEDAAAB) since 2013 and currently volunteering as Vice Present and NED Liaison Secretary with NEDAAAB. Previously, he volunteered as the Finance Secretary (Treasurer) and Social/Event Secretary with NEDAAAB.
While working with NEDIAN-NA, his goal is to make collectively strive for the achievement of the Mission and Vision of NEDIAN-NA. With the support from NED-NA Board members, his aim is to support following activities:
- Provide technical support and know-how for students of NED.
- Conduct technical seminars in collaboration with national professional organizations in USA/Canada and Pakistan.
- Coordinate and arrange special classes / seminars at the NED campuses.
- Create job-boards to match NEDian (and other Employers) with NEDians.
- Using NED ALEF, run financial assistance programs for students currently at NED
- Using NED ALEF, establish a mechanism for funding (current NED) student projects
- Using NED ALEF, finance faculty and student research projects at NED
Aslam Graduated from the Civil Engineering department from NED in 1984. He also acquired an ME in Structure Engineering from Manhattan College, New York in 1987.
Mr. Siddiqui, PE, is the Executive Vice President of AI Engineers, Inc. He has over 25 years of experience as a structural engineer and program manager in NBIS bridge inspection, railroad bridges, construction inspection, scour evaluation, overhead sign structures, load rating analysis and highway design. Mr. Siddiqui has worked with ConnDOT, MassDOT, VADOT, MaineDOT, NYSDOT, NJDOT, and RIDOT on several projects and is involved in all technical staff and subcontractor management, financial control of the projects, preparation of the task order proposals and managing the key aspects for each task. During his 25 years career, Mr. Siddiqui has demonstrated exemplary leadership and management skills by successfully delivering large and complex engineering projects throughout the Northeast and the Mid-Atlantic States.
He has been involved on the following Alumni Organizations and Committees.
- General Secretary of NEDIAN-NA (201702018)
- Vice Chairman of NEDIAN-NA (2010-2012)
- Treasurer Secretary of NEDIAN-NA (2013-2014)
- Founder member of NEDIAN-NA
- Member, Board of Directors, NEDIAN-NA (2010-2014, 2017-2018)
- Founder member of NED Alumni Association of New England
- Vice President of NED Alumni Association of New England
- Co Chairman of Convention Steering Committee, NED 2016 TX
- Organizer and Co Chairman of Convention Steering Committee, NED 2013 CT
- Organizer and Co Chairman of Convention Steering Committee, NED 2008 CT
He is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). He was the key person in organizing the two successful conventions in CT in 2008 and 2013. He lives in Farmington CT with his wife Shanila and two beautiful children, Rohail and Neha.
Razi Khan, Treasurer NEDIAN-NA
Syed Razi Khan has 35 years of construction engineering and management experience in USA and internationally. He is a Licensed PE Engineer in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland. In addition, Syed is a Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Design Build Professional (DBIA. The following is a brief experience summary:
- At Director of Design Build and Special Projects, Syed is overseeing several construction management projects and developing business for CEI/CM Contracts in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia.
- Previously, as Area Manager he was responsible for the program management of eighty roads and drainage projects in Qatar. He also worked as Deputy Director for Yas Island Developments Infrastructure Projects. Razi has also worked on the construction of three airport projects in Washington DC, Abu Dhabi and Karachi.
- In the Metro Washington area, Syed has managed the construction of four interstate projects; 2 – I95 HOV Widening Projects in Virginia, I66 Widening project in Virginia and I395Reconstruction project in Washington DC.
Previous Experience of Serving on Professional Organization Boards:
- NEDA-DC Board Member, 2015 and 2016
- Construction Management Association of America, Chairman for Programs Committee, 2016 and 2017
- Chairman ASCE Committee, DC Metro Area